21 October 2010

Day two in the story line!

I am so excited about this endeavor!  So far, so good!  I already have one official follower on the Blog Site...with many more to come, I am sure!  I have shared the link on my Facebook page as well as on some of the Yahoo groups I am a member of.

Through those mediums I have gotten several responses already.  Thank you all so much for responding so far!  I am very positive that this project will make us all proud and will bring so many people together.

I remember a long time ago I spent a lot of time trying to find people who knew my father, in doing that I was able to find all but just a few members of his Pilot Training class from Webb AFB that had graduated in 1970.  I found so many of them, in fact, that they ended up having a reunion and invited me to it and they did a dedication...a kind of "missing man" dedication to my father as he was not with them for the festivities.

I cannot tell you how therapeutic I feel that reunion was for those men...as well as for their families and for me.  I received numerous phone calls from wives saying, "Prior to you calling my husband, he never spoke of the experiences in Vietnam.  After you called...it was family meeting time...he opened up!  He's been different ever since!  It is wonderful!"  I truly believe people just need to feel valued and heard.

I also believe strongly that many people cannot vocalize when they can write.  In many ways we can get to know someone in ways we never thought possible just by reading what they have to say.  I look forward to hear all the stories I receive.

I want stories detailing experiences on and off any battle field.  I do not want stories only relating to my father, only relating to Vietnam, only relating to war.  If you are currently active duty and have just signed up and are currently serving as a Medic, state-side...write me!  I want to know what you are experiencing! 

Our military, through all it's faults, remains the strongest and proudest around.  I want to show that, I want the pride and patriotism that made you enlist to show through!  God Bless America and God Bless You!
Angela

2 comments:

  1. Angela,

    Great idea for a blog. Thank you for your patriotism and as the sign above the Memorial for the fallen OV-10 crewmembers located at the FAC Museum states: "Lest We Forget". Thank you for not forgetting. Looking forward to following and commenting on your blog.

    C'ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Thank you for your comment! Please be sure to "Follow" the blog as well. There will be a LOT happening...I hope very soon! I look forward to your input along the way!

    ReplyDelete