20 January 2011

January 20, 2011

Good morning to everyone!  So much is going on, I wanted to take the time to share the latest with you!

We are still working on the website, please be patient while we get it up and running.  In the meantime please "follow" this page.  There is a button to click on that will make you a follower of the blog, please be sure to click on that!  Also, please "like" my Facebook page.  There is a link to it on this blog!

I wanted to explain what I need from everyone with regards to "stories", I don't think I explained it well before.

My goal is to collect any and all stories related to military service.  When I have contacted people, I think they assume I want stories about my dad and how they relate to him.  I do not!  Course, if you knew my dad...feel free to write about him as well...but I want YOUR history.  Your service is what I am interested in.  Additionally, if you did not serve but are related (by family or friend) to someone who did serve, I want your stories as well.  I want to know how the military has impacted your life.  I want stories ranging from the desk job that you had in the military to the job defending the front line!  It doesn't matter to me, if you were in the service, or were impacted by someone who was, tell me your story!

My goal is to allow the community to appreciate and respect all aspects of the military and those who serve.  If you enlisted in the military, you are my hero.  I do not care if you were injured or have some wild war story.  I care that you served.  I care that your family and friends write in and tell how proud they are of you and anyone who served.

For example, I could write about my dad.  I could write about my ex-husband.  I could write about all the men who I have met through the years that knew my dad, and those that didn't know him but served and served proudly.  I could write about my mother and how I saw how my dad's death impacted her both positively and negatively.  I could write about my husband's family history of service.  I could write about all the wives I have talked to and how they have bravely supported and stood by their servicemen.

You can write several different stories, feel free to write a story about each person or event that you feel close to.  There is no limit to how many submissions you can make!  Write away!

See, all stories count!  I dare say that everyone has been impacted on some level by the military.  Even if your experience was negative, I want to know it.  As you all know, I could probably write a negative letter if I chose to!  My dad being killed when I was 2 1/2 years old is not something that leaves a "good taste in my mouth", but I tend to choose to look on the bright side about it.  He died doing what he loved and believed in. 

Regardless of your story, please just try to keep it "clean"!  And any negative letters are welcome, just please keep them respectful.

Please send all letters to my dedicated email:  angelaengele@gmail.com

Once I receive your story I will send you a release form.  Please fill the release form out and email it back to me.

This project is going to take time, but I promise you we will all be proud of it when it is finished.  However, I need your help, I need your stories.

Thank you so much for your interest in this project, I look forward to reading your stories and thoughts!

Thank you,
Angela Engele
angelaengele@gmail.com
214-601-8055 (if you have questions)

No comments:

Post a Comment